Sunday 17 April 2016

Europe Trip 2015: An Introduction

Sometime around the middle of 2014, Tristan (my boyfriend) and I started tossing around the idea of travelling to Europe together the following summer.

I’ve long been fascinated by Ireland, in particular by its history, mythology, and music (and more recently beer...), and visiting that country has been a long-held dream. Even before Tristan and I started planning our trip, I was determined to go in 2015 – whether with someone else or alone.

Well, it turned out that Tristan was interested in Ireland too! (He also just really wanted to travel, hehe. Who can blame him?)

However, Tristan’s dream destination was Germany. I’d been thinking of swinging by my grandparents’ anyways (I don’t get to see them often, so I use the chances I get), so that deal was sealed.

And so, from the end of May, until early July, we found ourselves in Europe. We split our time more-or-less evenly between Germany and Ireland, with a few days in Prague (another long-held dream destination of mine) added on for good measure.

Itinerary:
May 29-June 8: Eisenach, Erfurt, and Saxony Switzerland, Germany
June 9-10: Prague
June 11-18: Dresden and Schwerin, Germany
June 18: Berlin (a half day before catching our flight)
June 18-20: Dublin
June 20-22: Killarney, Ireland
June 23-28: Bike tour of the Ring of Kerry
June 30-July 8: Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Kilkenny, and back to Dublin

That was the brief intro to our trip! I’ll start posting about it in the next few days, and (I hope) continue that regularly for the next while. Stay tuned :).


Have you been to Europe? Any favourite spots or dream destinations?
Are there any parts of our trip you particularly want to hear about? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment